- The first tip would be to have a rainwater Harvesting system! This is no dout the best way to save water from rain. Theres nothing more natural and free of poiuyt4
charge than a spell of English weather saved up in one of our water tanks. An environmently friendly container that ranges in shape and style. Can be hidden if behind or at the side of your garden sheds, green houses, under your window ledge or even underground and the system is simple and easy.
- With rainwater Harvesting you can measure the amount of water that you are using in the home and have an idea of where water is being wasted.
- Make sure that you fit installation to hot and cold water pipes, a lot of water gets wasted by running taps whilst waiting for hotwater to come through.
- Don't leave taps running if you dont need to especially in the kitchen.
- When Cleaning your teeth use water from the glassto rinse and wash your mouth instead of leaving the tap running, which usually wastes approximately up to 5 litres of water gets wasted down the drain.
- Regular checking the temperature of water when taking a bath to make sure it's warm enough. Water gets wasted a lot whilst running a bath.
- Take shorter showers not so deep baths.
- Replace old tap washers that leak or tend to drip constantly, approximately 4 Litres a day gets wasted.
- Make sure that your plants are near the water butt or tank so you don't waste water on the way to and fro to the otherside of the garden.
- When watering the plants make sure you water near the bottom of the plants where the roots are for the plant to receive te water. In some cases a lot of water gets wasted when people water the top of the plant and the water does not reach where it is needed the most.